- The Chief Medical Officer, Dr. Roshan Parasram gave a clinical update on Covid-19 in T&T. He said there are now 503 persons in total within the parallel health care system.
-UWI Debe Campus -11 persons
-Cascadia Hotel – 2 persons,
-Chancellor Hotel – 14 persons
-Tacarigua Facility – 29 persons,
-NAPA Facility – 12 Health Care Workers
-The Home of Football – 8 persons
-The Sangre Grande Facility – 24 persons
-UWI Canada Hall – 100 students
-Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Ship – 300 persons
- Of the 300 people on the cruise ship, the CMO indicated that 6 tested Positive for Covid-19 and were taken to the Caura Hospital for treatment.
- Dr. Parasram indicated that protocols and guidelines for the reopening of schools should be finalized tomorrow but so far there are three main measures that are being considered:
1. Sanitizing surfaces on a regular basis.
2. Making sure hands are being washed or sanitized as much as possible.
3. If teachers or students are ill they would be required to stay home.
- Dr. Parasram said that students having to wear masks, is not a measure being strongly considered but discussions are still underway.
- Minister Cox touched on the 6 persons from the Cruise Ship that recently tested positive for COVID-19 in T&T. She also made a strong appeal to the population of Trinidad and Tobago to remain vigilant and follow the Health Care Guidelines. Additionally, she stated that the Prime Minister will address the next phase of the country’s reopening on Saturday 20th June, 2020.