The Minister of Health, Terrence Deyalsingh, stated that some returning nationals are refusing to sign quarantine documents upon arrival and are demanding to choose quarantine facilities themselves.
- The Chief Medical Officer, Dr. Roshan Parasram, indicated that one of the recent Covid-19 cases was identified at a health centre with no link to recent air travel. An epidemiological investigation is underway.
- Dr. Parasram, said there is no regulation pertaining to sporting activities but due to the recent local case, all activities involving children are advised to hold off until September, when school reopens.
- The Chief Medical Officer stated that the latest non imported case would have been moving around as normal while ill for over a week and that they live with 8 other persons. Dr. Parasram went on to say that contact tracing is underway and 2 Pennywise Stores located on Charlotte Street and Long Circular Mall have been closed for sanitization. The CMO said that as contact tracing continues more stores may be asked to close to facilitate sanitization.
- Dr Parasram also said that the First Citizens Bank in El Socorro may not have to close for sanitization as the person’s transaction took place outside the bank, at the ATM.
- Minister Deyalsingh when answering a question announced that Government is currently not considering rolling back lockdown restrictions.