Key Points From the Ministry of Health’s Virtual Media Conference – Monday 21st September 2020

moh_con_
  • Minister of Health, Terrence Deyalsingh, stated that the parallel healthcare system is currently at 28% capacity. The Minister also clarified that aqua therapy and physical therapy in pools are allowed per the public health regulations.
  • Thoracic Medical Director at Caura Hospital, Dr. Michelle Trotman, advised patients who are admitted to Caura Hospital, to treat it like a holiday experience due to the beauty and relaxing nature of its surroundings. Dr. Trotman also indicated that patients are usually admitted to the Caura Hospital for mild symptoms.
  • Dr. Trotman shared some statistics on the Covid-19 intake at the Caura Hospital, she said that since the 12th of March, there have been a total of 636 patients at the hospital, 96% were adults with the remaining 4% being children and 3% of the total figure were non-nationals. Dr. Trotman indicated that the approximate length of stay for these patients was 3 – 5 days.
Share on whatsapp
WhatsApp
Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on linkedin
LinkedIn