Port-of-Spain, July 12, 2020: As part of the national drive to safeguard the health of the Trinidad and Tobago population in the face of the global COVID-19 outbreak, the Ministry of Health continues to provide up-to-date information on the country’s status in this regard.
As of the afternoon of Sunday, 12th July, 2020, the Ministry reports the following:
|Number of samples submitted to the Caribbean Public Health Agency (CARPHA) and the UWI site for testing for COVID-19||5804|
|Number of samples which have tested positive||133|
|Number of deaths||8|
|Number of persons discharged||120|
Members of the public are reminded that they must to adhere to the ‘New Normal’ recommendations and take the following personal health measures to protect themselves and their loved ones from COVID-19:
· Wear a mask over your nose and mouth when you go out in public
· Keep your distance from others (6 feet)
· Stay home if you are ill
· Clean then sanitize surfaces (e.g. tabletops, door knobs and cell phones)
· Wash your hands often with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer
· Cough into a tissue or into the crook of your elbow
· Avoid touching your face
If you or a loved one develops symptoms of COVID-19, please call the hotline 877-WELL or 800-WELL (9355) for further guidance. If the person is severely ill, call the 811 (emergency hotline) or call ahead to the Accident and Emergency Department of your nearest hospital for help and go in immediately.